About the Artist Plate Project
Over 40 artists
Each an edition of 250
$250 per plate
The purchase of just one plate
can feed more than 100 homeless
and hungry individuals.
Launched by the Coalition for the Homeless in 2020 at the peak of the pandemic, the Artist Plate Project has to-date partnered with more than 98 world-renowned artists who have created limited-edition dinner plates produced by Prospect and available via Artware Editions.
The funds raised by the sale of plates will provide food, crisis services, housing, and other critical aid to thousands of people experiencing homelessness and housing instability.
Conditions of Sale
1. There is no VIP pre-sale this year. Only Coalition for the Homeless sponsors at the Supporter level and above will have access to a limited pre-order. To become a CFTH sponsor, you must register by 5 PM EST on May 21, 2023. Click here to learn about the different sponsorship levels or DM us on Instagram @artistplateproject.
2. The sale will launch in-person on May 17th at Frieze, New York at The Shed, NYC. The first 75 plates of each artist’s edition of 250 will be available on a first-come first-serve basis through the duration of the fair and must be purchased in-person. Fair visitors may not purchase more than one plate by each artist and are limited to a total of eight plates. The remaining edition size will be available on Artware Editions on May 22nd at 10am EST.
The invitation-only preview day will be held on Wednesday, May 17, 2023. The fair will be open to the public from May 18-21, 2023. Preview invitations are not available through Artist Plate Project, Coalition for the Homeless or Artware Editions.
To get tickets to Frieze, please click here.
3. The sale will begin here on May 22nd at 10 AM EST at ArtwareEditions.com.
4. We anticipate all plates shipping by the end of June 2023. Due to the the volume of the sale, extra time may be needed.
5. All sales are final, non-exchangeable and non-refundable.
6. Items in your cart will not be saved during checkout. Plates are sold on a first-come, first-served basis. We are not responsible for items lost or dropped from your cart.
7. Phone orders will not be taken.
8. Multiple orders cannot be combined for shipping.
9. Some plates will have clearly-posted quantity limitations.
10. If a plate with quantity limitations is suspected to be purchased by an individual through multiple orders, these orders will be automatically canceled, no exceptions.
11. International shipping rates DO NOT include taxes and duties. For customs and duties estimating purposes, the dinner plates are classified as HTS Code 6911.10.2500. All import duties and taxes are the responsibility of the purchaser. Refusal to pay these does not qualify as a return or canceled order. Any refused shipment will be considered abandoned and no refund will be given.
12. By placing an order, you certify that you are purchasing products for personal use not for resale.
13. All plate purchases must be inspected within 7 days of receiving your order. Customer service must be notified of any damages or defects within those 7 days.
Hank Willis Thomas
Otis Kwame Kye Quaicoe
About the Coalition for the Homeless
The Coalition for the Homeless is the nation’s oldest advocacy and direct service organization helping individuals and families experiencing homelessness. We believe that affordable housing, sufficient food, and the chance to work for a living wage are fundamental rights in a civilized society. Since our inception in 1981, the Coalition has worked through litigation, public education, and direct services to ensure that these goals are realized, and in that time, we have given more than one million homeless New Yorkers a way off the streets.
More people are homeless in NYC now than at any time since the Great Depression. The Coalition for the Homeless is there to provide lifesaving relief to thousands of homeless and low-income New Yorkers each and every day -- and its work is more important now than ever before. The challenges facing homeless and at-risk New Yorkers have been exacerbated these past few years as the city grapples with the ongoing housing, economic, and public health crises. But the Coalition remains on the frontlines every day, meeting homeless New Yorkers where they are and fighting for the proven solutions that will bring an end to mass homelessness once and for all. We thank you for your support of the Artist Plate Project.
CO-FOUNDER & CURATOR
ARTIST PLATE PROJECT BOARD
DESIGN & BRANDING
Faurschou New York
Frieze New York
Amanda Moretti & Gregory Lee
Hauser & Wirth
Mike De Paola
Nardello & Co.
Anne Huntington Sharma
Berkowitz Contemporary Foundation
Jennifer & Peter Wallace
Almine Rech Gallery
Intercity Agency, Inc.
Paul Arnhold & Wes Gordon | Arnhold Foundation
Richard H. Lewis & Joan M. Sapinsley
Steven & Kristy Lagos
Angela Westwater, Sperone Westwater
Blum & Poe
Cincala Art Advisory
C L E A R I N G
Egna Family Foundation
Jack Hanley Gallery
Jesse & Darcy Hollander
Mickalene Thomas Studio
Shelly & Vincent Fremont
The Easton Foundation
Vito Schnabel Gallery
as of may 12, 2023
Frequently Asked Questions
Where can I view this year's plate designs?
Here and on Instagram at @artistplateproject .
What is the edition size and price?
Each artist plate is an edition of 250 and retails for $250 per plate plus shipping & handling.
How many of each plate can I buy?
Each plate will have a purchase limit of 1 to 8 plates per customer pending the artist.
Do sponsors receive a discount on the plates?
What is your return policy?
All sales are final, non-exchangeable and non-refundable.
Is my purchase tax deductable?
Only the complete set of plates is partially tax deductible. Details will be available on that product page when the sale goes live.
Will I be charged sales tax?
Only if your shipping address is in New York or New Jersey will you be charged sales tax.
When will my order ship?
We anticipate shipping all plate orders by the end of June 2023. Due to the volume of the sale, more time may be needed.
How do I expedite checkout?
To checkout most efficiently, please pre-register on our website and add your billing and shipping address to your account profile.
Can I pick up my order?
For international orders will I need to pay sales tax or duties? Are there any other shipping fees?
International shipping rates DO NOT include taxes and duties. For customs and duties estimating purposes, the dinner plates are classified as HTS Code 6911.10.2500. All import duties and taxes are the responsibility of the purchaser. Refusal to pay these does not qualify as a return or canceled order. Any refused shipment will be considered abandoned and no refund will be given.
What are the domestic shipping and handling fees?
A $25 handling charge per order is added to a shipping charge of $5 per plate per order. An order of one plate would thus have shipping + handling charges of $30; an order of two plates would be is $35; five plates would be $50, and so on.
Will I receive a tracking number for my order?
Yes, once your order is ready to ship you will receive an email with tracking details.
What if my package is lost or stolen?
We are not responsible for lost or stolen packages left by the courier in unsecured locations.